Baba Yaga Collective accepts submission proposals towards themed, group shows as well as artists looking to mount a solo exhibit. Priority is given to Female/gender-fluid/LGBTQ2 identifying, indigenous, poc artists looking for a safe space for creative expression.
Hosting artist exhibits is part of our initiative to share artistic experiences. The Baba Yaga Collective provides emerging and established artists, creatives, designers and progressive thinkers a safe space for creative expression and a place to meet with other creative people in a small collaborative community. The fee to exhibit/show/install work is $650 for a 1-week duration (Opening reception on Thursday or Saturday). If the Artist wants to lead a workshop, hold a small concert/performance/artist talk or read poetry this is to take place during the Opening Reception.
Baba Yaga Collective welcomes proposals from collectives, artist groups, and individual artists. All exhibits held at Baba Yaga Collective are subject to review and must be accompanied by a proposal. Exhibitions run for a one-week period, although longer shows may be arranged. The gallery charges a rental fee but encourages artists and groups to seek out project grants from various government and art funding agencies to cover all or some of their costs. Baba Yaga Collective does not take a commission for the sales of art.
Baba Yaga Collective is located in the heart of Toronto at the 910 Queen West Artscape building, nestled within the Design District.
Rental of Yaga Gallery includes:
- 600 square feet of exhibition space
- 10 foot ceiling
- Illumination by adjustable LED track lighting
- Zero gallery commissions on works sold!
Marketing for your exhibition:
- Page on our website, space in our web archives and mention on our blog
- Social media posts to our followers (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- One eNewsletter sent to our subscriber list
- Assistance coordinating additional press, liquor license, signage and concerns
Your application must include the following:
- Artist Statement and Bio (Indicate the media, technique, theme or context of your practice)
- Current Curriculum Vitae (max. 3 pages)
- Maximum of 5 digital images of your work
Submit all applications to, firstname.lastname@example.org
1 week – $650 | 2 weeks – $1250 | 3 weeks – $1850
4 Weeks – negotiable (time/space permitting)
Currently available months are:
Proposal Deadline: August 31st, 2018
- The Gallery Director should be consulted with regards to the installation of artworks.
- All rentals are based on availability and the program plans for that year
- Artists must make arrangements to gallery sit on Saturday and Sunday 1-6pm and open and close the gallery.
- Rental fees cover the cost of the gallery space within the Baba Yaga Collective.
- Exhibitors are encouraged to send their own invitations, do any necessary mailings, and to give the Gallery Director promotional items at least two weeks prior to their installation.
- The Gallery will promote the exhibitions and tend to any gallery listings.
- Exhibitors/artists are required to arrange their own sales and the Gallery does not take any commission on the sales of artworks.
- 1 week show: Exhibitor hangs work on Monday or Tuesday. The show opens Wednesday with artist reception/talk/performance taking place that Thursday or Saturday. Work comes down following Friday.